The expansion of remote working and the growing importance of social networking for social selling has many professionals exploring how to gain more connections on LinkedIn, and whether they’re doing everything they can to enhance their presence.
Now topping 756 million users in more than 200 countries, LinkedIn is the clear leader for connecting with B2B prospects, potential hires, and business partners.
Even so, LinkedIn can be intimidating. New users need to ask not only whom they should connect with, but whom they shouldn’t connect with. At the same time, that hesitation can slow your progress toward building new connections and expanding your professional network.
You’d think out of 756 million users, it wouldn’t be difficult to connect with 500+ people and become a super connector. But after you’ve exhausted your own contacts list, it can be tough to know if you’re using the most effective methods of reaching out.
So, how can you expand your professional network on LinkedIn and make sure all those new contacts are relevant to your business goals? These 10 tips can help you grow your network and get results that support your professional success:
- Personalize connection requests
- Follow up on in-person networking opportunities
- Break growth goals down into achievable chunks
- Invite engagement by posting often
- Explore LinkedIn Groups
- Grab attention with visual content
- Engage with existing connections
- Promote your LinkedIn URL
- Leverage keywords in your profile
- Write and publish articles demonstrating expertise