The application period for the Fall 2023 session is now open! The application portal will close Sunday, April 9th at 11:59pm ET.
The White House Internship Program is a public service leadership and development program that provides emerging leaders with an opportunity to gain valuable skills while supporting the work of the White House and furthering the priorities of the Biden-Harris Administration.
Each year, leaders from around the country participate in the White House Internship Program to dedicate their time, energy, and experience to serve the country through public service.
Under the Biden-Harris Administration, it is a paid internship for the first time in recent history.
My internship at the White House was a daily reminder that showing up, working hard, and trying to make a positive difference for my country was how I hoped to spend the rest of my career, and that whatever I did next, I hoped it would be in service of the country.
-ALLISON WONG, WHITE HOUSE INTERN FALL 2012
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR IN THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENTIAL PERSONNEL 2021-22
President Biden and Vice President Harris have committed to building an Administration that looks like America, believing that qualified people from every background and walk of life should have equal opportunity to serve our Nation.
That commitment is reflected in each White House Internship Program class, and all who are interested and meet the established criteria are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants will need to create an account the first time they access the portal, and will submit two letters of recommendation as part of the application.
Key Dates for the Fall 2023 Session
Applications will be reviewed by the White House Internship Program team on a rolling basis during the application window; completed applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to submit their applications sooner rather than later in the application period.
- The application portal will be open Monday, March 13th and will close Sunday, April 9th.
- Selected applicants will be notified the week of May 22nd.
- The Fall 2023 program will be a 14-week program, beginning Monday, September 11th and ending on Friday, December 15th.
The Fall 2023 session will be hosted in-person on the White House campus. Interns will not be able to participate in the program remotely. All interns will be required to attest to their vaccination status and must adhere to any White House COVID-19 protocols.
Program participants must be U.S. citizens, at least 18 years or older before the first day of the program, and meet at least one of the three following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to four-year institution)
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to four-year institution) no more than two years prior to the first day of the internship program
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, no more than two years prior to the first day of the program