Strategic Career Planning: ID 125
ID125 Strategic Career Planning is a two-credit course designed to increase awareness of the career planning process and expand understanding of the relationship between career education and the world of work.
ID125 Strategic Career Planning emphasizes and prepares students for:
- Developing a solid foundation for major selection and career decision planning, through self-assessment
- Development of career related documents and career exploration
- The competitive job market by helping students determine their post-graduation plans
Who should take Strategic Career Planning?
- First-year Students who are exploring majors and career paths and beginning to develop professional skills
- Sophomores & Juniors looking for internships and jobs, who need to develop professional skills
- Seniors preparing for life after college as they look for jobs and work on sharpening professional skills
What will I achieve by taking this course?
In ID125 Strategic Career Planning, you will create and refine your résumé, interview a professional in your career field, research specific job opportunities, and create a vision board with your ideal career path. These activities will help you process every step needed to reach your professional goals.
What will I learn in Strategic Career Planning?
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Assess your self-interests, strengths, weaknesses, and marketable qualities
- Explore careers of interest to you
- Create your résumé and LinkedIn profile
- Interview a professional working within your field
- Present your career vision board and outline your professional goals
When is Strategic Career Planning offered, and who teaches the course?
Check self-service for upcoming classes. Search the course code “ID125”.
What do students have to say about Strategic Career Planning?
- First Year: “I think first-year students should take this course or be encouraged to do so. It was really very informative. I now understand the importance of making career choices, interviewing, résumés, etc.”
- Sophomore: “Everyone should take this class! Seriously, this class is extremely valuable. The course helps you develop every other skill you’ll need to get a job after graduation. Whether it’s your résumé, LinkedIn profile, presentation skills, or networking ability, this class helps prepare its students for the professional world. Thanks to this class I’ve been able to be offered some great internships. I am confident this class has better positioned me for my future goals.”
- Junior: “This class really helped me because I was so unsure of whether my career choice was the right one for me. The course encouraged me to be a better person, student, and future professional. It helped me find my purpose. “
- Senior: “I believe the ID 125 course should be required for all students, because of the extremely valuable information it provides. It has personally made my career planning journey so much clearer. I am so happy to have taken it.”