Are you looking for an exciting, fast-pace on-campus job where you can work around your schedule and be on-call in the winter? If so, look no further! We are searching for members for our snow shoveling squad here in the facilities department this winter.
This is a unique on-call position. We are looking for students who either live on campus or very close by. Our snow squad can be mobilized in as little as 2 hours and these would be in snowy conditions. The snow squad is primarily responsible for clearing snow by the use of shovels. Protective winter gear such as waterproof overalls, gloves, and hats would all be provided. All snow removal equipment would also be provided!
Now the Highest Paid on Campus Job! 12 Dollars an Hour!!
Responsibilities and Required Skills include:
- Work closely with the grounds team in the de-icing and removal of snow from walks, roadways, and parking lots around campus
- Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels
- Must be able to work a flexible and unpredictable schedule- shifts are based on when it snows
- Perform physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather
- Work as part of a team and take directions
- Reliable and able to be on call, when weather permits
- Timeliness, reliability, and confidentiality
Career Readiness Skills You Will Develop through this Position:
- Critical Thinking: Make decisions and solve problems using sound, inclusive reasoning and judgment.
- Time Management: Learn to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Customer Service: Maintain a positive attitude and calmly respond to complaints
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive personal brand in alignment with organization and personal career values. Have an attention to detail, resulting in few if any errors in their work
Welcome to the Facilities department. A little more information about the department in general: The Facilities Management and Capital Planning (FM&CP) team maintains the Arcadia Glenside campus, home to over 4,000 students in addition to our faculty and staff members. Available seven days a week, 365 days a year, the FM&CP crew shows exemplary attention to detail in maintaining, supporting, and constructing all of Arcadia’s facilities in order to meet the expectations of the faculty, staff, and students.