Facilities Student Worker Job Description
Are you looking for an exciting, fast-paced on-campus job where you can work around your schedule? If so, look no further! We are searching for student assistants here in the facilities department. We have a wide range of jobs and areas that our student assistants can be deployed to help us with. These areas include events, maintenance, grounds, housekeeping, and office work. We will have a lot of projects and event setups/breakdowns all around campus that our student workers can assist with!
Now the Highest Paid on Campus Job! 12 Dollars an Hour!!
We are ideally looking for a student worker who has semi-regular availability between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Setting up spaces for campus events
- Breaking down spaces for campus events
- Light housekeeping (wiping windows, pulling trash, vacuuming, etc.)
- Building walkthroughs and visual inspections: Generating work orders for any maintenance-related issues as per walkthroughs.
- Occasionally working with our maintenance staff on projects
- Assist our Grounds team in the beautification of campus.
- Moving of furniture
- Transporting and moving of items in Golf Carts
- Office Work: Opening and stamping mail, print jobs, scanning invoices, filing paperwork, assigning work orders, closing work orders, and creating work orders, tracking inventory
- Other duties as assigned
Career Readiness Skills You Will Develop through this Position:
- Critical Thinking: Make decisions and solve problems using sound, inclusive reasoning and judgment.
- Time Management: Learn to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Customer Service: Maintain a positive attitude and calmly respond to complaints
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive personal brand in alignment with organization and personal career values. Have an attention to detail, resulting in few if any errors in their work
- Be able to lift 25 pounds or more on a regular basis
- Timeliness, reliability, and confidentiality are all required
- Be able to balance a variety of tasks/projects simultaneously
- Be able to work independently and with a group
Welcome to the Facilities department. A little more information about the department in general. The Facilities Management and Capital Planning (FM&CP) team maintains the Arcadia Glenside campus, home to over 4,000 students in addition to our faculty and staff members. Available seven days a week, 365 days a year, the FM&CP crew shows exemplary attention to detail in maintaining, supporting, and constructing all of Arcadia’s facilities in order to meet the expectations of the faculty, staff, and students.