Photography Studio – Lab Monitor
Will provide open Darkroom hours for students enrolled in all photography courses. Lab Monitor’s will be responsible for opening and operating the Darkroom weekly during their scheduled shifts. Monitor’s will report to the Studio Manager and Professors.
Responsibilities would include;
- Opening the Darkroom, setting up chemicals, properly disposing of chemicals
- Over see students using Darkroom – assist and answer questions
- General clean up of Main Photography Studio, Darkroom, Film Developing Room and surrounding areas – pick up trash, put away tools, tidy spaces
- Notify Professors or Manager if something is broken, low in stock or needs attention
Career Readiness Skills Developed through this position:
- Critical Thinking – Make discussions and solve problems
- Leadership – Plan, initiate and complete projects
- Professionalism – Be present and prepared
- Must have been enrolled in Photo I
Work Study Eligibility:
- Open to all students
Duration of position:
- Hours are available during the academic year Monday – Friday and Sunday. Availability depend on the class schedule. If interested please reach out to view what hours are available.