Digital Audio Producer (Part-Time)
The Digital Audio Producer reports directly to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. This individual supports the Secretariat for Communications (SFC), comprised of the Office for Communications and Catholic Philly, the digital news agency of the Archdiocese, with editorial and technical production of audio content for radio, podcast, and video in English and Spanish.
The Producer is primarily responsible for writing, producing, and narrating La Voz de Dios en las Voces de Nuestros Pueblos, a 30-minute Spanish language radio program that airs weekly on Sundays on WEMG La Mega 105.7 FM, Domestic Church Media, and Holy Spirit Radio.
Over the past 24 years, La Voz has helped to build a culture of missionary disciples and served as a tool for evangelization within the Hispanic Catholic Community in the greater Philadelphia region. Through interviews and fruitful discussions with the Archbishop of Philadelphia, clergy, and laity, listeners encounter the transformative love of Christ.
The Producer collaborates with leadership and staff from the SFC as well as the Office for Hispanic Catholics to identify topics that amplify initiatives of the Archdiocese; profile Hispanic ministries, apostolates, and Catholic leaders; and promotes happenings in the Hispanic Catholic Community as well as parishes, schools, and ministries throughout the five-county Archdiocese.
The Producer is responsible for all stages of production for La Voz including:
- creating and maintaining a content calendar;
- researching topics and planning the narrative structure;
- writing Gospel based scripts;
- organizing and scheduling recording sessions with guests;
- serving as the primary narrator of the show and conducting engaging interviews with guests;
- operating and maintaining the recording equipment;
- editing raw audio, adding clips, and mixing in music; and
- packaging and distributing show to radio station contacts for broadcast.
- converting audio episodes into videos for publishing on Catholic Philly transcribing interview audio into text for publishing on Catholic Philly.
Additional responsibilities include translating statements, letters, scripts and other written content for various mediums. This individual also helps maintain all SFC audio equipment to ensure optimal sound of recorded audio content. The Producer will help edit and clean raw audio content post-production for radio, podcasts, and videos produced by the SFC.
- The Digital Audio Producer must be fluent in both English and Spanish (oral and written).
- Must demonstrate the ability to grasp and present Catholic Church doctrine and theology in an easily understandable and applicable way to laity in the Hispanic community.
- Must be task-oriented and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field, and 1-3 years of experience producing radio broadcasts and/or podcasts.
- Ability to travel throughout the five-county archdiocesan area (note that many locations are not easily accessible via public transportation).
- Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software.
The Digital Audio Producer position is a part-time and hybrid eligible. The Producer will have the ability to set their own work schedule outside of core business hours (including nights and weekends). The Producer must be able to accommodate the Archbishop of Philadelphia’s schedule and be willing to meet once per month at Archdiocesan Pastoral Center for an recording session.