Artpace Internship Program Information
January-April/May (dates flexible)
Artpace San Antonio is a nonprofit residency program which supports Texas, national, and international artists in the creation of new art. As a catalyst for artistic expression, we engage local communities with global art practices and experiences.
Artpace strives to offer interns experience that nurtures a passion for careers in the arts as well as inspiration to incorporate creativity into any career path they choose. Interns are an integral part of the organization, and Artpace seeks self-motivated candidates that can work both independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. Interns will apply their creativity, critical thinking skills, and enthusiasm to a range of projects under the mentorship of Artpace professionals. Additionally, interns are encouraged to set and meet their learning objectives.
Artpace Archives Interns significantly support the mission of Artpace by assisting in archival logistics and the organization of the Artpace Archives Research Library. Maintaining a finite vision for the archive inventory helps perpetuate Artpace and its strength in research value. A well-developed resource library is a service of the Artpace facilities and programs. The reliable organization and arrangement of historical records reveal much about the forces, activities, and functions of Artpace.
Archives Interns can expect to:
- Organize and catalog reading materials for the Artpace Archives Research Library (AARL)
- Update Artpace Dewey System and LibraryThing finding aid
- Assist in long-term research projects
- Scan and record ephemera collection for Artpace Archives Research Library
- Catalog archival documents in accordance with the Artpace Record Retention Policy
- Work with staff in documenting Artpace events
- Aid in programming and/or visitor relations duties
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute to the team effort outside of specified job responsibilities, able to work cross-departmentally to achieve shared goals
Application packets should include the following:
- Cover letter thoughtfully and clearly describing how your skills and experience meet your Artpace department of interest
- Current resume, including contact information for two (2) references
- Completed Artpace Internship Program Application
Spring Deadline: January 07