Artpace Exhibitions Intern
Artpace San Antonio is a nonprofit residency program which supports Texas, national, and international artists in the creation of new art. As a catalyst for artistic expression, we engage local communities with global art practices and experiences.
Artpace strives to offer interns experience that nurtures a passion for careers in the arts as well as inspiration to incorporate creativity into any career path they choose. Interns are an integral part of the organization, and Artpace seeks self-motivated candidates that can work both independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. Interns will apply their creativity, critical thinking skills, and enthusiasm to a range of projects under the mentorship of Artpace professionals. Additionally, interns are encouraged to set and meet their learning objectives.
Artpace Exhibitions Interns significantly support the mission of Artpace by assisting the Residencies and Exhibitions Manager in administrative tasks and curatorial writing for the Artpace exhibitions and International Artist-in-Residence programs. Maintaining a finite understanding of the artist’s work helps perpetuate Artpace and its strength as a leader in community art engagement. The reliable organization and creation of public facing texts reveal much about the forces, activities, and functions of Artpace.
Exhibitions Interns can expect to:
- Record and transcribe interviews with artists-in-residence
- Aid Residencies and Exhibitions Manager in curatorial research and writing for public facing texts
- Document and collect exhibit checklist information
- Create gallery signage and wall labels
- Work with staff in documenting Artpace events
- Aid in programming and/or visitor relations duties
- Passionate about contemporary art
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute to the team effort outside of specified job responsibilities, able to work cross-departmentally to achieve shared goals
Application packets should include the following:
- Cover letter thoughtfully and clearly describing how your skills and experience meet your Artpace department of interest
- Current resume, including contact information for two (2) references
- Completed Artpace Internship Program Application
Deadline: January 7, 2024
[For SAIC Students Only]
This internship is a partnering program with the SAIC CAPX department, providing $15.80/hour Federal Work-Study fund available via the CAPX Internship Course, exclusively for SAIC students who are enrolled in the CAPX internship for credit course. Otherwise, the position is UNPAID.