Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is seeking an Architectural Historian Intern to join our Atlanta, GA office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Atkins Internship Program is designed for college students pursuing a degree in a STEM field and provides opportunities to learn what it’s like to work in a professional environment and apply what’s learned in class to the real-world challenges we face every day.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Participate in historic resource field surveys.
- Conduct background research on historic resources using a variety of primary and secondary sources.
- Work with project historians to evaluate historic resources for eligibility in the National Register of Historic Places, in accordance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and/or the Georgia Environmental Policy Act (GEPA).
- Aid in the preparation of Historic Resource Survey Reports for distribution to state and federal agencies.
- Must be prepared to spend time in the field and travel to project sites in Georgia.
What will you contribute?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in history, historic preservation, urban planning, public history, anthropology, American Studies, or another closely aligned academic discipline with the intent to continue enrollment after internship.
- Must have completed one year of study in applicable field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Familiarity with ArcGIS is a plus.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.