Care Options for Kids is a pediatric home health agency built on the values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Commitment and Excellence. We have created a strong and purposeful culture for our employees that we extend outward to our patients, their families, and our care partners in the community. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic therapists who are interested in being part of therapy team backed and supported by a strong and thriving company.
Position Summary: The position of a Physical Therapist provides coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements and evaluates patient care to restore or maintain patient wellbeing. Plans, organizes and conducts a physical therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform clinical pediatric assessment; identify patient needs and appropriateness of patient.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revise the POC based on evaluation, ongoing assessment data.
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular, neurological and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment.
- Assist/instruct patient/family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc. in safe manner. Utilize appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third-party payers, through education, coaching and other assistance necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Current valid Texas state license to practice physical therapy.
- Pediatric focus and experience preferred but not requried
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and information.
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and current auto liability insurance.
- Bachelors Masters, or PhD in Physical Therapy from an Accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Valid Texas state license to practice physical therapy
Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires ability to meet deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family individualized psychosocial needs.
- This job operates in the child’s natural environment (patients’ home, daycare, headstart) with various conditions.
- Proof of current CPR equired.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and KanTime