- Completes basic administrative functions which include answering phone, responding to emails, drafting letters, processing paperwork, faxing documents, organizing employee databases, as well as collecting and analyzing data.
- Organizes and assist in aquatic programming and upkeep of teaching materials, forms, etc.
- Provides customer service face to face, and by phone calls and emails
- Assists in organizing and preparing for swim meets and other aquatic program activities including clinics, trainings and special events.
- Participates in Aquatic Recreation special events.
- Distributes and collects equipment such as noodles, kickboards, and other aquatic related program materials.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, and either:
2. Completion of sixty credits toward a baccalaureate degree in an accredited college; or two summer seasons, or six months, of experience as an instructor, counselor, or coach in an organized recreational program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 Suite and general computer literacy.
- Time management skills, ability to work as part of a team, accuracy/attention to detail, and good communication skills.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
For more information and to apply call (718) 760-6969 ext. 0, or email resume and cover letter to CitywideAquatics@parks.nyc.gov.