This is an unarmed law enforcement position (Title 33 Commission). Limited Commission Park Ranger positions involve extensive customer service and public contact while enforcing Colorado Parks and Wildlife laws and regulations.
· Enforce park laws and regulations; issue citations for violations; patrol park areas by motor vehicle, Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) and/or foot.
· Respond to emergencies and resolves visitor complaints.
· Complete reports and may be required to appear in court.
· Assist visitor services operations including providing quality customer service, revenue collection and verification, accounting and deposits, and education and interpretive programs.
· Assist with all general park maintenance and cleaning of public facilities including: restrooms, vault toilets, campsites, picnic areas, trails, etc.
· Positions will operate and perform routine maintenance on State owned vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
· Employees may assist with carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical work and transporting materials and supplies.
Assist with all areas of daily park operations and other duties as assigned
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Must be free of felony convictions or pending charges-Consideration will be given to all other previous violations of law, including misdemeanor violations, domestic violence, traffic, and conservation laws
· Must have or be able to attain First Aid and CPR certifications
· Must be able to perform physical work in adverse conditions