3-4 Day Work Week
The BH Link is searching for enthusiastic professionals who are looking to make a positive impact in the Rhode Island community! The BH Link is a 24/7 triage facility providing assessment and referral services for adults experiencing mental health and/or substance use crises. The role of the Treatment Assistant will be to provide a warm welcome for clients visiting the program and to provide support to the clinical team throughout the client’s time there.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Working in an evening/overnight awake position.
– Assist clients in filling out paperwork, as needed,
– Provide information about the BH Link for clients, friends, and family.
– Help to ensure the comfort and safety of clients throughout their visit to BH Link.
– Monitor facility cameras and help to ensure environmental safety on and around the grounds of the program.
– Guide clients through safety checks during their entry into the BH Link facility.
– Assist in facilitating transportation to and from the BH Link facility, as needed.
– Assure that treatment bays are presentable and safe prior to the transition of a client from the waiting room to the treatment bay.
– Maintain documentation and logs, as appropriate.
– Provide additional clinical and administrative support as needed.
– Personable and compassionate in approach.
– Able to build rapport with clients within a short period of time.
– Able to apply learned verbal de-escalation techniques with clients in crisis.
– Works well in a team setting and communicates effectively with other professionals.
– Proactive and engaged when working with clients and co-workers.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in fast-paced environments.
– Multilingual professionals are encouraged to apply (and reimbursed accordingly).
Experience and Education:
– Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent)
– Preferred 1-2 years’ experience in human services or other relevant experience