Who We Are
Data Trust is the leading provider of voter and electoral data to Republican and conservative campaigns, parties, and advocacy organizations. We build, enrich, and maintain the highest quality political data for right-of-center clients.
Our Summer Internship Program
We are actively hiring for our Summer 2023 internships. This data internship program is designed around two main principles: receive real world exposure to political data and build relationships with key players in the center-right political ecosystem through weekly meet and greets. Interns will have the opportunity to work hands-on with Data Trust clients and staff with ongoing projects related to the intersection of conservative politics and big data. Interns will work hands-on with SQL and Excel on various political data projects about voters, campaigns, and elections for internal teams and external clients. Current students interested in both data and politics are encouraged to apply!
The program will be held in-person at our Arlington, VA office, running from June 5th to August 10th, Mondays through Thursdays approximately 30 hours per week.
– Use SQL to import, export, organize and sort large data sets
– Assist the data teams with processing and auditing incoming data
– Assist with ad hoc projects relating to GIS and political geography
– Assist in quality assurance projects addressing data fixes, changes, updates
– Research and prepare information on federal, state, and local campaigns and elections
– Assist Client Services team with client data requests and projects
– Use SQL and Excel to work comfortably with large databases and data sets
– Conduct research to acquire information for ad hoc projects
– Apply political knowledge to data-centric projects
– Current student in a Bachelor’s program in political science, data science, statistics, or similar field
– Strong desire to learn and develop SQL skills
– Interest in developing other technical skills, including Python, R, and Java
– Familiarity with political campaigns and elections
– Proficient with Microsoft Excel