Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
The DREAM Student Recruitment team is looking for part-time support with generating new applications for our East Harlem, Mott Haven and Highbridge campuses. Reporting to the Director of Student Recruitment, Student Recruitment Support staff will be given weekly assignments to execute as part of the student recruitment strategy. Ideal team members will enjoy talking to new people, have both a love for and deep knowledge of DREAM schools, and are comfortable traveling across East Harlem and the South Bronx.
- Drop off flyers at local daycares, Head Start programs, libraries, healthcare facilities and other community-based organizations in East Harlem, Mott Haven, and Highbridge
- Table at local organizations or in highly trafficked areas near DREAM campuses to hand out flyers, collect paper applications, and represent DREAM
- Can effectively communicate with prospective families in person and serve as a positive ambassador for DREAM;
- Proficient in spoken Spanish, preferred;
- Able and willing to independently travel between East Harlem, Mott Haven and Highbridge neighborhoods of New York City with supplies such as flyers, tablecloths and signage;
- Some daytime weekend availability, preferred;
- Some early evening weekday availability, preferred;
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize;
- Ability to keep materials organized and presentable in order to best represent DREAM and ensure all paper applications are submitted;
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
- Start date: January 2, 2023
- End date: April 30, 2023
- Hours and schedule: Approximately 15-20 hours per week, with the majority of hours between 3-7pm on weekdays and some flexibility with the remaining hours
- Schedule is tentative and subject to change.
- DREAM offers competitive compensation. The hourly rate for this position is $20.
DREAM’s VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.