ASCEND Graduate Intern
Sinking Spring, PA and Royersford, PA
ASCEND Director: Breanne Gillease, LPC
ASCEND Supervisors: Michelle Dormisher, LPC; Gabrielle Marshall, LCSW; Katie Konyves, LSW
The Mission of the ASCEND internship program is to provide an ethical, safe, and supportive learning environment for interns to develop their clinical skill set and professionalism as part of a multidisciplinary private practice team.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct mental health therapy to clients within the scope of training and experience.
- Provide case management services as necessary.
- Coordinate care with other members of the client’s treatment team including healthcare providers, school staff, case managers, etc.
- Respond to client crises as needed and make recommendations to keep the client safe and ensure all company safety measures are followed.
- Complete progress notes and other documentation to keep the client’s chart up to date within company policies..
- Facilitate or co-facilitate therapeutic group during internship.
- Engage in marketing activities, including but not limited to, sharing flyers, attending community events.
- Master’s level student enrolled in a relevant field of study such as Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Social Work in the second half of their program.
- Passion in Perinatal and Women’s Mental Health.
- Willingness to work with individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Ability to attend weekly group supervision on Fridays, 12pm virtually.
- Ability to commute to Sinking Spring, PA and/or Royersford, PA office locations.