The Commercial Banking Intern will assist in spreading, analyzing, and reviewing loan data to prepare management and regulatory reports. Engaging with the credit and lending team while providing suggestions and/or solutions to potential issues. Support in communicating identified issues with business process owners to address any potential concerns promptly and effectively.
Major Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Spreading and analyzing financial documentation required for a credit package
- Monitoring and clearing loan-specific covenants and/or exceptions
- Developing and preparing credit packages and/or renewals for review by subject approval authorities
- Develop and prepare a mock senior loan committee credit package for review and approval by mock credit committee members
- Attend local credit committees and senior loan committees weekly
- Calculates financial ratios and other key indicators used to monitor the loan portfolio
- Assists in the preparation of reports for monthly and quarterly review by the Bank’s Board of Directors and Management
- Perform market and demographic research in relation to the credit risk intern(s) subject to loan portfolio
- Assists in the preparation of supplemental reports for auditors, loan review, and regulatory agencies as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Incoming Senior – Graduating August or December 2024 or May 2025
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Agribusiness, Economics, Finance, or a related business field.