The Harris group at Genentech’s Structural Biology department is seeking a motivated and innovative Postdoctoral Fellow to perform independent research in computational aspects of structural biology. We work in a highly collaborative group spanning Xray crystallography, electron microscopy, and NMR experimental methods. The postdoctoral project is anticipated to use a hybrid of computational and experimental techniques, collaborating with our machine learning research groups, to develop novel, transformative methods and achieve impactful scientific insights.
- Conduct independent research under the mentorship of Dr. Harris
- Develop novel computational tools for the analysis and predictive capabilities in protein:protein and protein:ligand interactions.
- Collaborate with colleagues in machine learning and AI groups, as well as research biology.
- Publish high quality papers based on the research performed.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or a related field.
- Expertise with structural biology, structure visualization and analysis (e.g. PyMOL, MOE, computational scripts)
- Expertise in computational programming environments such as python, R, shell.
- Demonstrated record of research via impactful publications
- Experience with ML/AI frameworks (e.g. PyTorch)
- Strong skills in communication, organization, and collaboration
Seth Harris is a senior principal scientist and director of computational structural biology at Genentech. The growing group is working towards a shared vision of transforming drug discovery and research by applying computational methods in protein sciences, building on the large foundation of experimental structural data.
Information on the Harris Lab:
More Information about the Genentech Postdoctoral Program: http://www.gene.com/careers/academic-programs/postdocs
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.