Fun Paid Summer Internship Offered For College Credit! All Majors Welcome!
Starting at $12.50 per Hour!
Do you want to make a positive impact on children, spend time outdoors and meet new people? If so, then you need to intern for the Greater Philadelphia YMCA Summer Camp team! We are looking for Summer Interns for our Traditional Camps. If you have a passion to help provide children with a safe and fun summer camp experience, please apply now! Prior experience working with children is preferred, but not required.
Under direction of Senior Counselor, the Intern is expected to guide campers throughout the camping experience and assist in planning daily camping activities and programs. Ensure safety and well-being of campers.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the supervision and planning of camp activities.
- Ensure all campers can participate in all activities, no matter varied abilities whether physical, or intellectual. Actively participate in activities to encourage participation.
- Ensure appropriate behavior of campers and staff to avoid risk of accidents.
- Assist in maintaining effective communication with parents/guardians regarding camper and camp activities.
- Embody the GPY commitment to diversity and inclusion, no matter race, color, creed, or gender identification.
- At least 18 years old
- High school graduate or equivalent or enrolled in a minimum of 2 years of child development coursework approved by state licensing requirements.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, and patient.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Must be able to intern June through August. Start and end date can be flexible.
About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA:
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our principle of Connecting People To Healthier Lives. That connection with members and to each other is seen and felt across every department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest YMCAs in the country, serving over 240,000 members and participants in 6 counties with 2,500 employees, we have the size and scope to make real and positive change in the communities we serve.