MayoSeitz Media offers an internship program that provides participants with real world experience and a unique learning opportunity outside of the classroom. An internship with MayoSeitz Media will give valuable insights into course of study, as well the media planning and buying aspect of the advertising industry.
Successful candidates will have strong general business skills, an aptitude for working with numbers and proficient computer skills. In addition, candidates will:
- Have a major/concentration in Advertising, Communications, Marketing or related fields.
- Hold a student status of Junior or above with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to collaborate and function well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation.
Interns can expect to participate in a variety of agency functions inclusive of both media planning and media buying disciplines. On the planning side, interns will be exposed to the steps involved in assembling a media plan, from research analysis and interpretation to gathering cost information for various media options. When possible, we will also involve interns in developing the written media plan. On the buying side, interns will be involved in monitoring schedules that have been approved and implemented, as well as communicating traffic instructions to media vendors.
Interns are given the opportunity to participate in agency meetings, account team meetings and brainstorming sessions so as to obtain insight into the overall media agency structure and function. This internship provides the right candidate with a challenging first step into the media planning and buying profession.