The Supervisor, Integrated Media Strategy is responsible for the management of key day-to-day client relationships and the supervision and functioning of the media team to ensure all initiatives are strategically and creatively on target, delivered on time and on budget. Primary responsibilities include managing comprehensive campaigns, with responsibility for day-to-day client and account/media management, strategic planning, recommendations and overall problem-solving associated with creation, development and implementation of successful integrated ad campaigns—TV/video, digital, print, OOH, social, search, audio, etc.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Act as client relationship manager, understand clients’ marketing objectives and work with planning team to develop strategies that meet those objectives on a daily basis.
- Act as a primary advocate for clients’ brands on accounts, ensuring brand consistency across all projects, and actively acquire thorough knowledge of clients’ businesses to meet objectives.
- Assist Director, Integrated Media Strategy as needed.
- Supervise and mentor junior team members in their direct responsibilities; enable and encourage exceptional performance from team and assure accuracy of team communications.
- Maintain ongoing tracking of media spend across all channels (Media Tools) and ensure all campaigns spend to goal and do not exceed approved budgets; communicate monthly budget goals internally to media teams.
- Responsible for creation, analysis and presentation of post-campaign summary reports.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products and with various media research tools (e.g. MRI, Kantar, Mediaocean).
- Initiate and review reports, trends, results and interpret data to make proactive strategic recommendations to advance the business initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional agency team to ensure flawless execution of plans, including buying, ad ops, insights and finance.
- Maintain good rapport with vendors to negotiate the most efficient rates possible and secure added value whenever possible.
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals and budgets; must be capable of creating solutions and proactively resolving issues.
- Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Serve as a role model with a positive attitude and facilitate a team environment.
- 5 years of media planning experience required
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with the concepts, approaches, and issues involved in integrated planning
- Adaptive and keen to learn about the digital ecosystem
- Familiar with the timelines, processes, and needs of the implementation of all media
- Knowledgeable about new approaches to and developments in digital tactical planning (social and mobile included)
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects, and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Supervisory skills