Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Corporate Infrastructure Division
Our Corporate Infrastructure is what underpins the success of the entire organization. It is internationally renowned and structured to deliver world class client service. We rely on it to build and support the business, helping us deliver innovative financial solutions that set Nomura apart in the global marketplace.
Internal Audit Americas:
The internal audit team provides independent audit assurance on Nomura’s internal controls. Intern will participate in the audit process with a focus on inherent risk identification, internal control testing, continuous business risk monitoring and issue follow-up.
About Our Summer Analyst Program:
The Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks, during which Analysts will enjoy extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through discussion groups, seminars and informal social functions. This program is an integral component of our full time recruiting.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same level of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with a hands-on opportunity to participate as full members of the team. They are expected to form effective working relationships and to demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s goals and values. During the course of the internship, Summer Analysts benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor. We also ensure extensive contact with Nomura’s professionals at all levels through training, seminars and informal social functions.
What Roles You Might Play:
• Assist in planning, fieldwork and reporting of audits;
• Research topics in professional literature and other sources;
• Identify relevant external and internal regulation;
• Analyze and support the data analytics;
• Participate in meetings and walkthroughs with auditees;
• Document test results;
• Report results to lead auditors; and
• Assist in development of findings and recommendations.
• Outstanding academic qualifications
• Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to understand financial products
• Analytical skills
• Team Player
• Driven to succeed- take initiative
• Proficiency in basic desktop applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Self-motivated learner
• Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business (preferably Accounting or Finance)
• Graduating between December 2024 and June 2025
The intern position has a set base salary at an annualized rate of $70,000 per year. This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer.