Parra Consulting Group, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for HUBZone Internship to support PCG Headquarters. HUBZone (historically underutilized business zones) areas are typically areas of low median household incomes or high unemployment, or both. HUBZone program helps civilians in urban and rural communities. It also provides federal contracting assistance to qualified small firms located in historically underutilized business zones to increase employment opportunities, stimulate capital investment in those areas, and empower communities through economic leveraging. You must reside in a qualifying HUBZone location to be part of the HUBZone Internship Program.
Interns working for us can expect to perform research, projects, various fields, and help prepare for an annual conference we sponsor for the Maryland Hispanic business Conference, among other events. These positions only require 40 hours a month, is paid and permit telecommuting.
We can assign tasks in your field of interest:
- Content Creation
- English Minors/Majors for content review (Ex: grammar, sentence flows, etc)
- Project Management
- Internet Marketing (SEO)
- Digital Art/Marketing
- Industry Research/ Research Projects
- Excel spreadsheet creation
- Business Development
We are interested to know what skills our interns already possess, as well as what fields they hope to work in, so that we can tailor the tasks assigned to you as much as possible.
In order for us to verify your residence in a HUBZone, we will require you to:
- Submit certain documents on a monthly basis. These include an attestation of whether you plan to move in the next month (and where if so) and proof of address (a utility bill, driver’s license, voter registration, lease agreement, etc.). **Not willing to commit will result in you forfeiting the program as well as a consistent pattern of not providing documents.
- You will be reminded about these requirements every month in advance of the due date, and you can use the same attestation proof each month, so this requirement is not too difficult to fulfill.
How to apply:
- FIRST look up your address at SBA.gov to verify that you qualify. **YOUR RESIDENCE MUST BE IN A QUALIFYING HUBZONE LOCATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION**
- Once we have reviewed the information on the screening application to verify that you qualify you will be sent the official PCG Job Application.
- Internship is paid.