Join us at Sesame Place and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Come and play an important part on our incredible team today!
What you get to do:
Are you searching for an internship opportunity that will expose you to a variety of different careers? The Sesame Place internship provides real world experience in the Theme Park industry. Through a combination of hands-on experiences, structured learning and coaching you will be exposed to a broad array of disciplines within the theme park industry.
Interns will be assigned to one of the following program paths based on their skills and interests:
1. Revenue: Culinary and Merchandise
- Assist in the operation of culinary outlets or merchandise shops, including inventory management, sales analysis, and guest service.
- Collaborate with the culinary or merchandise team to create innovative offerings that align with the Sesame Street brand.
- Support marketing initiatives related to revenue generation.
2. Management: Security, Human Resources, and Marketing
- Work with the security team to ensure park safety and guest well-being.
- Support HR in recruitment, onboarding, and employee relations.
- Assist the marketing department in executing promotional campaigns and events.
3. Operations: Rides, Guest Arrival, and Park Quality
- Play a role in the operation and maintenance of park attractions, ensuring guest safety and satisfaction.
- Assist in coordinating guest arrival processes and enhancing the overall guest experience.
- Monitor and improve park quality standards.
4. Entertainment: Event Theming, Performer, and Costume
- Contribute to the planning and execution of themed events and shows.
- Collaborate with performers, costume designers, and production teams to ensure successful entertainment experiences.
- Support backstage and on-stage operations.
What it takes to succeed:
- At least 16 years old
- A passion for learning
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Active listener with the ability to observe and absorb different roles and responsibilities
- Flexibility to perform varied duties
What else is important:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 50 lbs
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing throughout entire work shift
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Perform cleaning duties; including use of cleaning chemicals
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat
- Must provide flexible, consistent availability (including nights, weekends and holidays) and adhere to our Holiday and Availability agreement.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and reporting unsafe situations
- Ability to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements within established timelines
The perks of the position:
As part of the Sesame Place family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
- Scholarship opportunities
- SEPTA has an exclusive bus stop for Sesame Place Ambassadors on Route 14
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!