MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, is a community-based, behavioral health care organization offering a continuum of services including adult behavioral health, substance abuse counseling, children’s behavioral health, autism services, and early childhood services.
Home Health Aide
MA MENTOR Adult Services offers Shared Living, Adult Family Care and individualized residential services for people with disabilities. Each of our services is dedicated to offer adults, children, young people and their families innovative, quality services and supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges they face. Massachusetts MENTOR’s philosophy emphasizes partnerships—with those we serve, their families, our employees, Mentors, payers and the communities in which we work—in an effort to help people shape the direction of their own lives.
MA MENTOR Adult Services seeking Home Health Aide in the areas surrounding Springfield. This is a non-exempt, position, flexible schedule, primarily afternoon, evenings and weekends part- time or full-time as needed. There are no overnight shifts offered.
HHA Professionals develop a strong rapport built on mutuality of love, kindness and respect.
Home Health Aide Job Responsibilities:
· Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services and teaching families
· Monitors patient’s condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output and exercise
· Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals, snacks and running errands
· Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing and grooming
· Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene
· Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate way to lift, turn, and re-position the patient
· Advises on nutrition, cleanliness and housekeeping
· Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions
· Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintain security precautions and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards
· Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements
· Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Qualifications / Skills
· Creating a safe, effective environment
· Health promotion and maintenance
· Health care administration
· Patient services
· Verbal communication
· Emotional control
· Medical teamwork
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements
· High school diploma or GED
· CPR/FA (within 1 month of hire)
· Minimum 1+ years professional or personal experience supporting individuals
· Must be over 18 years old
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part Time and As needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
- Rewarding work impacting the lives of those we serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
- Dayforce Wallet – On Demand Access to your pay!