We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services. We pride ourselves in having established a family-oriented culture that promotes open communication and collaboration through our values of Empowerment, Commitment, Hope, Compassion, Community, and Grace.
If you are looking for a HANDS-ON experience where you can truly make an IMPACT, join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision of reaching our community of women, girls, and at-risk youth.
About the role:
A Graphic Design Intern at Thaddeus will assist in working on creative and design services, web strategies, and interactive marketing. This role will help increase communication and engagement efforts to reach our community and establish public relations. The intern will learn website maintenance and graphic enhancements to make each website genuine, as well as play a role in our marketing and community engagement initiatives.
The Graphic Design Intern will receive direct supervision from the Development manager under the Development Department and will get the chance to work in a self-organized team setting under the Media Committee.
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
- Create visual concepts and logos that align with Thaddeus’ mission and goals for organization projects (i.e., Events, social media and website content, etc.)
- Strategize and collaborate with team to develop ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate the Thaddeus community and target audience(s)
- Work closely with Thaddeus Threads (Thaddeus’s thrift store) team to accurately promote store updates, events, merchandise, etc.
- Assist in website development initiatives, maintenance and graphic enhancements
- Advise on strategies to improve organization public relations and engage Thaddeus community
- Research into current graphic trends and communicate these trends to the Media and Community Engagement committees
- Participate in our Buddy system once assimilated and act as a mentor/point of contact for new interns transitioning into your team during their induction and onboarding process
- Perform other assigned duties as needed
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Art, or Web Design, and/or have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience in graphic design (flyers, infographics, and other marketing materials)
- Ability to adapt quickly and implement ideas, templates and systems
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to collaborate as a team member and have a flexible schedule for group work outside of mandatory meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Intern must have the appropriate technology, internet connection and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proficient in photo/video editing software (Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.) and/or website development experience
- Familiar with product awareness and excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams and OneNote, 8×8 Work, and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Acrobat DC)
- Intern will gain basic experience in designing, architect, and some coding of graphical and informational websites
- Intern will gain basic experience in designing, producing, and installing graphic displays
- Intern will obtain a basic understanding of image and video editing
- Intern will get a general understanding of web maintenance/development techniques and production tasks
Time Commitment and Working Conditions:
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 10 AM –11 AM PST
- Weekly Department Meeting: Fridays 1 PM – 3 PM PST
- Must be able to commit to this 6-month or 1-year internship (accommodations can be made for school schedules, as well as exams)
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Build resume and explore career options (cross-functional training available)
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Grow your professional network and build strong working relationships with previous and current Thaddeus staff
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***