Web Development Intern
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services. We pride ourselves in having established a family-oriented culture that promotes open communication and collaboration through our values of Empowerment, Commitment, Hope, Compassion, Community, and Grace.
If you are looking for a HANDS-ON experience where you can truly make an IMPACT, join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision of reaching our community of women, girls, and at-risk youth.
About the Role:
A Web Development Intern at Thaddeus will assist in maintaining all Thaddeus websites through web development, creative and design services, web strategies, and interactive marketing. This will help increase communication and engagement efforts to reach our clients and public relations. You will learn to build and design websites, website maintenance, and graphic enhancements to make each website genuine.
The Web Development Intern will receive direct supervision from the Development manager under the Development Department and will get the chance to work in a self-organized team setting under the Media Committee.
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
· Maintain well-functioning, responsive, aesthetically appealing, and updated Thaddeus websites that align with organizational mission and goals
· Assist in website development initiatives and graphic enhancements
· Work closely with Thaddeus Threads (thrift store) committee to accurately promote store updates, events, merchandise, etc.
· Strategize and collaborate with a team to develop ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate target audience(s) to improve organization public relations and engagement with the community
· Create visual concepts and logos to support website graphics
· Participate in our Buddy system once assimilated and act as a mentor/point of contact for new interns transitioning into your team during their induction and onboarding process
· Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Web Development, Computer Science, Programming, or have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Flexible schedule to work on group projects outside of the mandatory meetings, if needed
· Familiar with Shopify and Webflow platforms
· Ability to research, adapt quickly and implement concepts, templates, and systems
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet project deadlines
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Intern must have the appropriate technology, internet connection, and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Proficient photo and video editing skills
· Web and graphic design experience
· Experience using Microsoft PowerApps and/or Microsoft Power Automate
· Familiar with HCI (human-computer interaction) concepts
· Familiar with product awareness and excellent customer service
· Proficiency in Microsoft Teams and OneNote, 8×8 Work, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Acrobat DC)
· Interns will gain a general understanding of web development techniques and production tasks.
· Interns will learn basics in designing and coding graphical and informational websites.
· Interns will gain basic experience in designing, producing, and installing graphic displays.
· Interns will gain experience collaborating with others, both in their own and other committees within the organization.
. Interns are presented with an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge and skills in a practical environment.
Time Commitment and Working Conditions:
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 – 20 hours per week
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 10 AM to 11 AM PST
- Operations Department Meeting: Fridays 1 – 3 PM PST
- Must be able to commit to this 6-month or 1-year internship (accommodations can be made for school schedules, as well as exams)
· Participate in professional training offered to all employees
· Build a resume and explore career options (cross-functional training available)
· Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
· Grow your professional network and build strong working relationships with previous and current Thaddeus staff
· Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***