Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 150 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Environmental Science Interns for our Summer 2023 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
We encourage college seniors who are interested to apply. Those who complete the internship program can be considered for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
Our Environmental Science Interns:
- Experience a broad variety of environmental engineering assignments including soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling and remediation; feasibility study development and analysis; remedy design; remedy implementation; operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Perform construction oversight and documentation.
- Prepare work plans and proposals.
- Perform calculations and engineering evaluations.
- Interpret and present data.
- Review and prepare reports, conceptual designs, and detailed construction plans and specifications.
- Perform other environmental engineering tasks such as the development of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC), Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), and Response Activity Plans.
- This is a full-time, paid position
- Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pursuing Bachelor or Associate Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Willing and able to perform outdoor field sampling activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.