Fourth Grade Science and Social Studies Teacher
Waldron Mercy Academy is a Catholic, co-educational school sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, currently serving 500 students in preschool through grade eight. The Middle School has 250 students in grades 4 – 8 and a faculty of 15 plus special teachers and resource specialists.
Waldron Mercy seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Fourth Grade Science and Social Studies teacher. This candidate should have an appreciation for the unique qualities that a young adolescent learner brings to the classroom environment and who can nurture the development of each student as they transition from a self-contained classroom in the lower school to a more independent, departmentalized structure in the middle school.
The ideal candidate will:
· Create a personal, engaging and welcoming learning environment
· Cultivate a sense of community with respect, appreciation and mutual trust for each member
· Demonstrate, model, and design learning experiences to present subject material to students
· Implement varied and creative teaching methods that incorporate the effective use of technology
· Tailor instruction to meet the needs of all learners
· Develop projects which focus on hands-on, inquiry-based learning to develop creative and critical thinkers
· Share a passion for science and social studies
· Engage colleagues in collaborative planning and work enthusiastically as a valued team member
Successful applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate in Elementary, PreK-4 or Middle level Science/Social Studies and have two or more years of experience.