Handshake: For Employers
Handshake serves as the central employment hub for Arcadia University students and alumni, connecting them to opportunities presented by our employer partners. Handshake is a modern platform with several advantages for employers including:
- Managing all of your campuses with one Handshake login account at no cost.
- A mobile experience- update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake’s responsive design
- Searching for students and reach out directly with in-app messaging.
Creating an Account
Organizations can create a Handshake account to post internships and job openings directly for students and alumni to view. Posting positions in Handshake is free. Many organizations are already on Handshake, which makes creating an individual user account quick and easy.
- If you already have a Handshake account, you can log in from the Handshake Employer Portal.
- If you are creating your account for the first time, click on the “Employer” area found at arcadia.joinhandshake.com/register. You will be asked to pick your company from a list or create a new company if your organization is not already in the system. Employers must register with a company email account, and any company whose email domain matches yours will be suggested when selecting an organization.
Posting a Job in Handshake
- Log in to your Handshake account.
- Click on “Post a Job” on your account dashboard.
- Fill out the required information clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page to advance to each tab.
- On the “Schools” tab you will have the opportunity to distribute your job posting to one or more universities. Select Arcadia University to post the position to Arcadia students and alumni.
Please note: All jobs will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Career Education before they are posted in the system. Positions are typically posted within 24 hours in the system.
To learn more about Handshake, we suggest visiting the Handshake Employer Help Center to review 2-minute training videos and answers to frequently asked questions. For technical questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.