*EARLY CONTRACTS AVAILABLE*
Teach • Lead • Inspire
Specialists are essential to our Mission: “Working together as a team, we will end the predictive value of race, class, gender, and special capacities for our children’s success through high-quality teaching and learning for all. We seek to build relationships with families and communities to ensure that every student succeeds. We will know every student.”
We are among the first public school divisions in the country to develop and implement an Anti-Racism policy with the expressed purpose of building school communities that share the responsibility to recognize and end racism, eliminate inequitable practices that result in achievement gaps, and support the unique gifts, talents, and interests of every child.
Be sure to check out our website to learn more about our Division and our Schools.
Your best qualities include being:
- Innovative, self-reflective, and collaborative
- Knowledgeable in your content area and instructional practice
- Passionate about connecting with students and families
- A lifelong learner
- Prepared to engage with our Culturally Responsive Teaching model in support of our Equity Mission Statement
The best qualities of ACPS include:
- Strong instructional support and mentoring from our building administrators, instructional coaches, learning technology integrators, diversity resource teachers, and equity specialists.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities, including our New Teacher Academy and many other learning experiences for new and experienced teachers offered throughout the year
- Competitive pay and benefits, including health & dental coverage, retirement, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, wellness program, discounts on gym memberships, and more.
- The ability to work in a close-knit, supportive, and vibrant community where you can continue to grow as a professional.
Situated around beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia – which is consistently ranked among America’s top university towns and best places to live – Albemarle County is nestled in the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah National Park. Just 100 miles south of Washington, DC and 70 miles west of Richmond, it’s only a short trip to the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic beaches, and New York is an easy Amtrak ride away. Whether it’s the great outdoors, a vibrant and diverse arts, food, and culture scene, or small town living with a big city feel, our part of Central Virginia has something for everyone.
Salary: $54,491.00 – $90,600.00 depending on experience and qualifications