Easily Embed Career & Professional Development
We are delighted when faculty and staff encourage students to attend career events! Some professors even require attendance as part of a classroom assignment. We can also facilitate connections with employers who are eager to speak to your classes. Please let us know how we can work together by completing a partnership request. If you would like to let the community know about a career event you are coordinating, be sure to submit to the Career Launchpad.
Career Resources for Your Students
We invite you to share our career guides and presentations on career development topics. The OCE Community on Canvas features helpful career guides including interviewing, writing resumes, searching for internships, applying to graduate school, and more. We also have recorded presentations on career development topics which you can download and use in your classroom or assign students to review independently. When you enroll in the OCE Community, click “+Join” so it always appears on your dashboard.
Additionally, your undergraduate students can now access their personal e3 Career Action Plans through the OCE Community on Canvas. Check out the testimonials below about how e3 has positively impacted fellow faculty and their students!
- “The e3 Career Action Plan is an integrative system that helps our students prepare for transitioning from college to careers. Too often, students wait until their junior or senior year to start thinking about internships and careers. They really should be working on a career plan as soon as they enter AU. The e3 Career Action Plan allows students to progress through a series of professional networking steps that can set them up for success when it comes time to look for an internship or full-time job. In my experience, students who regularly use the resources at OCE at different intervals throughout their program, find it much easier to find an internship they love and receive good job offers during their senior year. Integrating the e3 Career Action Plan into the seminar courses is a smart way to ensure that all of our students, regardless of major, career plans, or year, will utilize the many different OCE resources, and are prepared for the next steps beyond graduation.” -Meg Nolan, Ed.D || School of Global Business
- “For the first time, I required students to participate in Practice Interviews with the Experts this semester. All of my students found this to be an enlightening experience. I also had a representative from the Office of Career Education speak to the class twice: once about the e3 Career Action Plan early in the semester, and once about interviewing. Next semester I will require student participation with the e3 Career Action Plan by asking for screenshots at the beginning and end of the semester.” -Gretchen Haertsch, MFA || Department of English
Career Influencers Program
Seeking Faculty and Staff for Fall ’22 Career Influencers Cohort
The Career Influencers Program empowers faculty and staff to infuse career exploration and career readiness activities into their existing work with students. The Career Influencers Program supports Arcadia’s mission by training faculty and staff to prepare students “for a life of scholarship, service, and professional contribution” as well as making sure students are “uniquely prepared for life and work.”
Join your fellow Arcadia faculty and staff from 4:30- 7 pm on Tuesday, October 11th. training session. Participants will learn from our experts and one another about influencing students’ career readiness. Due to the interactive nature, we intentionally keep the cohort to under 20 participants. Please register ASAP to secure your spot.
Through your participation in this virtual training you will elevate your ability to:
- Define career readiness skills
- Put career exploration and career readiness into practice
- Embed career exploration and career readiness into your pedagogy and programs
- Become well versed in career development resources