Artists For Humanity (AFH) provides a safe and supportive environment where teens are employed to explore their voice and forge their unique path to success. AFH teens transcend economic, racial and social divisions to transform communities through creative expression.
Artists For Humanity harnesses the power of mentorship and paid professional experiences to inspire teens to build their future. During their time at AFH, teens share their voice in public art, where their creativity is valued. With corporate partnerships, AFH teens develop an understanding of business and entrepreneurship for potential career pathways. Through mentorship, the next generation of artists and leaders gain confidence in their own abilities. AFH also supports teens with 1:1 tutoring, professional development and college/career readiness so they make a positive impact on their communities and the world.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Registrar & Exhibitions Coordinator, Full Time
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 per year, plus benefits package
Reporting to the Director of Curatorial Affairs, the Registrar & Exhibitions Coordinator will play a crucial role in coordinating internal exhibitions and collections management, including helping to build out a new online cataloging system to record large collections of youth created artwork. This role requires a full time commitment of 40 hrs/week in the office, with a schedule between 10am-6pm Monday-Friday.
Registrar – Collections Management (50%)
- Uploading all existing and newly created artworks in our new online cataloging system through Salesforce; ensuring all details around artwork and associated artists are correct and working with other studios to streamline the processes of art documentation.
- Provide administrative support for the Art Sales and Exhibitions Team, including entering sales and projects into Commissions Spreadsheets and Salesforce.
- Maintain, update, and edit artists’ bios and statements for the new online cataloging system.
- Maintain and organize the on-site art inventory; following, ensuring the proper storage of paintings and photographs, tracking where pieces are in the building.
Exhibitions – Administration and Management (50%)
- Creating technical and artistic proposals for sales and leased exhibitions alongside the Director of Curatorial Affairs and Curation and Exhibitions Manager.
- Helping to organize and plan all moving parts of internal exhibitions, including events calendars, artwork preparation, price lists, and wall labels. As well as coordinating materials with Communications and Development.
- Assisting with art installations both internally at the EpiCenter and at off-site client venues.
- Passionate about the AFH’s mission to harness the power of mentorship and paid professional experiences to inspire teens to build their future
- 2+ years experience in arts administration or relevant administrative experience required
- Degree in arts administration, museum studies, or a specialized relevant subject i.e. art history, or visual arts preferred
- Passion for and involvement in contemporary art
- Works collaboratively and creatively, both independently and with a team
- Detail oriented, with stellar verbal and written communication, professional presentation
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Salesforce is a plus but not required