This article was originally published on Fingerprint for Success.
Every year in October marks ADHD Awareness Month, a campaign for educating, advocating for, and empowering individuals with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). And here at F4S, that’s cause for celebration!
ADHD is a neuro-developmental difference (we don’t like labeling it as a “disorder” at F4S) that is characterized by distractibility, hyperactivity-impulsivity or a combination of both. 3% of the global adult population has ADHD.
To highlight why we believe ADHD is a superpower that can’t be ignored, and why everyone should celebrate it, we’re sharing some pivotal findings from our proprietary study on ADHD in the workplace.
We’ve uncovered exciting, and important differences that are set to redefine the conversation about ADHD at work, shedding light on the remarkable strengths that individuals with this unique cognitive style bring to the workplace.
Table of contents
- But first, what is F4S?
- What did our study on ADHD in the workplace measure?
- Overall, what are the advantages of having ADHD?
- F4S research highlights the unique advantages of ADHD at work
- Stories of success: thriving because of ADHD
- Best jobs for someone with ADHD
- What are some of the struggles that people with ADHD face?
- Who are some famous people diagnosed with ADHD?